The Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology Business Office is located in Room 268 CARL Building. The staff provides administrative assistance to faculty, staff and students.
Departmental Business Manager
Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
268 CARL Building
Box 3054, DUMC
Durham, NC 27710
+1 919 684 3404 (tel)
+1 919 684 0436 (tel)
+1 919 684 2790 (fax)
The Department Business office has available for reservation a laptop, overhead projector and slide projector. Contact the Business Office to reserve equipment.
The Department maintains a local area network (LAN) that provides computer services for Department members. The Department contracts with Net Friends Inc., to maintain and service the network as well as provide workstation support. NetFriends can also assist in selecting and installing hardware and software. To obtain assistance, call Net Friends at 680-3763.
- Establishing an email account. When a new employee is hired, they receive a Net ID to be used to access different Duke Services, a DHE Account to access the server and a Office365 account to access email. A member of Net Friends will contact the staff person in the area where the person will be working in order to set up the email account on the individual’s computer.
- Establish a connection to the MGM server from home. You can connect to the Duke Network through VPN access. Please contact Net Friends to set this up.
This section describes various sources of available funding for faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and students in the Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology. We hope this information will help members of the department to identify and successfully compete for internal and external funding, and more importantly, help form new multidisciplinary collaborations within the Duke research community.
Seminar Room Reservations
Contact the numbers listed below for reservations of seminar rooms. The following rooms are available:
|103 Bryan Research Building||190||slide, computer, overhead projectors||25live online RSVP|
|147 Nanaline Duke Building||170||slide, computer, overhead projectors||Amy Norfleet at 681-8770|
|143 Jones Building||125||slide, computer, overhead projectors||25live online RSVP|
|415 Jones Building||20||none||Annette Kennett at 613-8636|
|010 CARL||12||overhead projector||Annette Kennett at 613-8636|
|040 CARL||12||none||Annette Kennett at 613-8636|
|001 MSRB||50||none||25Live online RSVP|
|208 CARL Building||20||overhead projector||Cheryl Woodard at 681-5821|
|408 CARL Building||20||none||Cheryl Woodard at 681-5821|
The Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology maintains a virtual library of resources for loan to graduate students, medical students, post-doctoral fellows, research associates, and primary or secondary faculty affiliated with the Department of Molecular Genetics. The library features categories devoted to bacterial pathogenesis, biochemistry, genetics, immunology, infectious diseases, microbiology, and mycology. Click here to view a complete list of available resources.
Contact Jason Howard, Human Resources Manager, regarding Visa information.
- FACULTY AWARDS AND HONORS
- FACULTY HIGHLIGHTED PUBLICATIONS
- TESTIMONIALS FROM SECONDARY FACULTY
- SEMINARS, MEETINGS, AND EVENTS
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- SCIENTIFIC CULTURE & ACCOUNTABILITY PLAN
- EMPLOYMENT AND POSITIONS
- ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
- PHOTO GALLERY
- DUKE AND DURHAM