Wen Xi, PhD
207 Research Drive
241 Jones Building
Durham, NC 27710
Research Interest: Yeast Quantitative Traits, Translational regulation, Yeast Neurodegenerative Disease Models
Taking the advantage from Dr. McCusker Lab’s collection of yeast strains of various background, the goal of my project is to investigate quantitative trait genes rendering phenotypes including drug resistance, grow temperatures and etc. in budding yeast Saccharomyces Cerevisiae.
I received my PhD in biochemistry from University of New Hampshire, I investigated the biochemical/biophysical properties of macro protein-protein/RNA complexes, such as translational mRNP and the intermediate aggregates of neurodegenerative prions
Personal Interests: I enjoyed hiking local trails with my family. I like to watch and learn the automotive and other DIY projects of Youtubers. I am also interested in car mechanics and planning to get a project car someday.
- Denis CL, Richardson R, Park S, Zhang C, Xi W, Laue TM, Wang X. (2017) Defining the protein complexome of translation termination factor eRF1: Identification of four novel eRF1-containing complexes that range from 20S to 57S in size. 2017 Nov 15 Epub ahead of print
- Xi W, Wang X, Laue TM, and Denis CL (2016) Multiple discrete soluble aggregates influence polyglutamine toxicity in a Huntington’s disease model system. Sci Rep. 2016 Oct 10;6:34916.
- Wang X, Xi W, Toomey S, Chiang YC, Hasek J, Laue TM, Denis CL. (2016) Stoichiometry and Change of the mRNA Closed-Loop Factors as Translating Ribosomes Transit from Initiation to Elongation. PLoS One. 2016 Mar 8;11(3).
- Zhang C, Wang W, Park S, Chiang Y-C, Xi W, Laue TM, and Denis CL (2014) Only a subset of the PAB1-mRNP proteome is present in mRNA translation complexes. Protein Sci. 2014 Aug;23(8):1036-49
- Wang X, Zhang C, Chiang Y-C, Toomey S, Power MP, Granoff M E, Richardson R, Xi W, Lee D J, Chase S, Laue T M and Denis C L, (2012) Use of the novel technique of analytical ultracentrifugation with fluorescence detection system identifies a 77S monosomal translation complex. Protein Sci. Sept.; 21(9): 1253–1268
- Zhang Y, Deng J, Zhang Y, Guo F, Li C, Zou Z, Xi W, Tang J, Sun Y, Yang P, Han Z, Li D, Jiang C (2013) Functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes cause reversible acute lung injury and induce fibrosis in mice. J Mol Med (Berl). Jan; 91(1):117-28